Power Plate Part II & III

As some of you know I started with the Power Plate 3 weeks ago (February 28th 2012) and I am loving it! I feel fitter and my body is toning which is what I need the most, I do not particularly need to lose weight as I dropped 2 stone when Chris (my husband) died in April 2011. I do have some flabby skin which I don't like though so I want that to look better - getting ready for the beach weather - operation bikini!

Last week I could feel I had done work on the power plate for 2 days afterwards, however, today I am feeling sprightly and cannot tell that I have worked out at all, the story could well be different tomorrow, will I be able to get out of bed!?

Daisy from BodyBeautiful is doing a combination exercise regime with me, which includes weight loss, cellulite and toning, so we have done lots of leg work these past 2 weeks. I hate the tops of my legs so I am looking forward to seeing the transformation after 10 weeks of the power plate. I am finding that holding my position for 30-45 seconds is working out well for my twisted body :) I can sometimes feel my rod rattle in certain positions, this doesn't hurt, it just makes me chuckle!

Today I did a movement where I am sat on my bottom, legs bent at the knees, arms out in front of me and then hold this for 30 seconds (as per the image on the left) - this one is very strange as it vibrates straight up through your bottom and is one of the weirdest feelings I have ever felt when working out!

As well as the power plate I have also been doing 20 minutes on the elliptical trainer machine which is a stationary exercise machine used to simulate stair climbing, walking or running without causing excessive pressure to the joints, hence decreasing the risk of impact injuries. For this reason, people with some injuries are able to use an elliptical to stay fit, as the low impact affects them little.

I find this machine does work for me also, however, after 20 minutes on the power plate followed by 20 minutes on the elliptical machine my donor site gets aggravated and starts to pulsate, threatening to go into spasm basically, so I only did 10 minutes today and I feel fine as I write this post, in fact I even did some skipping about the house when I got back home - this exercise is lifting me and making me feel good from the inside out - it is nice to have finally found something that doesn't hurt me!

Elliptical trainers offer a non-impact cardiovascular workout that can vary from light to high intensity based on the speed of the exercise and the resistance preference set by the user, I have my setting on P3, I do this for 10-20 minutes.

Most elliptical trainers work the user's upper and lower body (although some models do not have moving upper body components). Though elliptical trainers are considered to be minimal-impact, they are an example of a weight-bearing form of exercise. They can be self-powered by user-generated motion or need to be plugged in for adjustment of motion and/or for supplying their electronic consoles and resistance systems.

Thanks to Daisy for her patience and for listening to me when I say it hurts my body, you have been an amazing trainer so far - let's keep up the good work together!

Popular posts from this blog

Posterior Asymmetry & Idiopathic Scoliosis

Ugly Betty star Wilhelmina has Scoliosis

Scoliosis in India