Scoliosisnutty & Scoliosis Association


I have been a member of the Scoliosis Assocation UK for a while now and I receive their magazine and keep up to date with what is happening in the UK with regards to Scoliosis.

For those who are not already members then I would visit Scoliosis Association UK, doesn´t matter if you are in the UK or abroad, they will accept members from anywhere, just like Scoliosisnutty does.

Their magazine covers fund raising events that you can get involved with, the campaign fund, regional news and their secretaries, accounts from people going through diagnosis, surgery, a section for children called "Twist and Shout" and a feature at the back with letters to the editor, it really does help keep people connected.

In their issue number 81, November, 2009, I noticed that my blog was featured and I was gobsmacked, I never expected them to feature me but their noticeboard page has a little bit about me and the blog I run, I wanted to share this with you, I have scanned the page where I am featured.


I have also cut out the section that discusses me so you can see the text they wrote about me also.



About the Scoliosis Association UK
The Scoliosis Association (UK) was founded in 1981. It is the only independent support group for scoliosis in the UK.There is no cure for scoliosis, only corrective treatment for the twisting and curving spine. SAUK aims to provide information about scoliosis, eliminate fear and stigma, and offer contacts for shared experiences, because: 


  • adolescents need support and reassurance
  • parents need information and contact with others who have been through the same situation
  • older people need help with pain
  • the public need to be aware of the importance of early detection of scoliosis in children

The SAUK forgot to mention that Scoliosisnutty is also a support group in the UK for scoliosis patients, albeit we are not a charity ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Posterior Asymmetry & Idiopathic Scoliosis

Ugly Betty star Wilhelmina has Scoliosis

Scoliosis in India